Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Music from THE FUTURIST!'s Cluttered Closet

In the continual cleansing that consumes THE FUTURIST! in a semi-monthly mission, new discoveries are continuously made in the cluttered closet of his tangible memories... especially in the form of record albums. Among the many records secreted in the back of the closet, THE FUTURIST! found one of his favorite Elvis Costello recordings. The album is called TRUST and if memory serves THE FUTURIST! correctly, it was the one Costello LP he played the most. It was one of those records that rarely had the needle lifted to bypass a track, hover indecisively over the rotating album and then placed elsewhere with that wonderful audible "plonk" and "hiss".


There are many great songs on the album ... in THE FUTURIST!'s humble opinion.
CLUBLAND
FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM (featuring G. Tilbrook of SQUEEZE)
WATCH YOUR STEP
SHOT WITH HIS OWN GUN and more.

A favorite of the many is the one featured below.

Listen:


NEW LACE SLEEVES
performed by Elvis Costello

1 comment:

M. "Awesome" said...

Elvis Costello is one of my favorite artists of all time, but I never listen to Trust that much. I think it's only because I love his other records so dearly, though. Sometimes I think My Aim Is True might be my favorite record of all time by anybody.